Latin American Community Arts Alliance (LACAA) and the LACAA website is developed by Praxis to promote Latin American Artists/ Art Groups/Latin American culture-based enterprises located in London.
Latin American Community Arts Alliance (LACAA) website is envisioned as the common platform for all Latin American artists, art groups and enterprises living and working in London and designed to penetrate the mainstream cultural establishments of London.
The Objective of LACAA Website
This website seeks to promote Latin American community artists/art groups and enterprises through the following initiatives:
- Maintaining an on-going program to locate Latin American artist(s)/art group/venues/industry links/promotional opportunity and community partnership that embraces empowerment through various cultural practices and critically engage with social issues and the boundaries of public art.
- Keep on developing the website linked to an extensive and expanding database of Latin American artists, art groups and enterprises, a directory of resources for Latino artist living and working in London, and a facility in which artists can enter their own details and upload promotional photos/demos/materials.
- The website will act as the first point of reference in London for promoters, agents, gallery owners and event planners to directly book artists through a pointer to the artists own e mail/website/organisation details.
- Promoting the website within and outside the community , and London wide in specialised and popular media, community arts circulars, e-mail networks and bulletins.
- Expanding the reach of the website by creating partnership and providing venues for news and views and serving as an organising apparatus for festival/carnival/event/parties/workshops/conferences and similar events.
- Creating a feed back loop of users to establish an on-going evaluation process for the website. The website's responsibilities ultimately will belong to the artists themselves and it will be run by representatives chosen by the artists.
Background information on LACAA Website:
Praxis developed and delivered LACAA in consultation with the Latin American Artist community in London. Praxis’s main thrust is the Empowerment and Social inclusion the Latin American Artist community through art and cultural enterprise.
LACAA Website is designed to work as a conduit that not only benefits the Artists, but also disseminates the artists’ lived experience through direct engagement with the community and London society at large. LACAA will provide a perspective that integrates Latin American artist’s deep immersion in their own community/culture with their work while facilitating a new experience in London life. The ownership of the website lies with the Artists and the artists’ community
How to Register?
- Fill up a registration form
- Create your profile
- You can update and maintain your profile yourself and showcase your work in a web space totally dedicated to the Latin American Artists/Art Groups and Art Enterprises.